This version is current since January 1st, 2020
The protection of your personal information is a priority for the Ask your Pharmacist inc. (hereinafter the "Company"). However, due to the nature of email, the internet and information technology, security and privacy risks can not be completely eliminated and the Company can not guarantee that your personal information will not be compromised or accessible by means not provided for in this Policy.
As a user, when using the Platform, you must create a profile protected by your email and password. To do this, you provide the Company with several other personal information such as your name, gender, date of birth, residential zip code and general health information. This information, like any personal information that you may be required to communicate in order to benefit from the responses of the pharmacists registered on the Platform (medical history, medication, history of the disease, PHI number), are confidential and treated as such.
Use of personal information
All personal information collected from a user is stored in a Personal Health Record that the health professional can access through the Platform. Several features allow users and professionals to access this information, including:
Making appointments online
- Patients can book and manage online appointments with registered professionals on the Platform. The Personal Health Record displays all scheduled patient appointments, including the practitioner's name, the expected date and time, and the appointment address.
- Users and professionals can exchange secure health-related messages via the platform. Both parties can receive email notifications upon receipt of messages. These messages do not include any personal information other than the email address to limit the risk of breach of confidentiality. All messages are available in the users’ Personal Health Record and via the list of consultations completed by the professionals.
Personal health record
- In the future, it is expected that users will be able to access all their personal information via the Platform, including, but not limited to, consultations conducted on and outside the platform, medications, vaccination information, laboratory results and imaging results. This personal information may be viewed by the user and the professionals accessing the Personal Health Record.
Right to be forgotten
Subject to certain exceptions provided for by law, you are entitled to have access to your personal information, at any time, free of charge, and have the right to dispute the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended. To do this, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Company will at all times comply with applicable laws when using or disclosing your personal information. In addition to the persons and organizations listed below, your personal information will not be passed on to anyone unless the Company is legally and/or legally obliged to forward it to a competent authority. In all cases, these parties are subject to the same obligations as the Company under this Policy.
Access to this information is granted to:
- Platform administrators to effectively use the Platform, for example to communicate with users and/or improve the service offered;
- pharmacists who must reasonably know them for professional purposes, and only for the purpose of answering your question;
- to a prospective purchaser and any organization involved in a transaction involving the sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of the corporation, in which case the use of your personal information by the new entity would continue to be subject to applicable law and fully comply with this Policy;
- to any organization when the Company has reasonable grounds to believe that the information may be relevant to an investigation of an illegal activity and/or to comply with a subpoena writ, warrant, order made by the court or to comply with the rules of the court with respect to the production of records and information and/or to protect the rights and property of the corporation;
- to one or more third parties that you have designated, such as a physician, at your request or with your consent;
- to one or more persons whom the respondent pharmacist will consider as assistants in the completion of his/her answer (called telexpertise).
Agglomeration of data
With regard to the agglomeration of data of the Platform and the use of this data for commercial prospecting purposes, the Company reserves the right to:
- disclose on the Platform, in communications or commercial prospecting the question of a user accompanied by his sex and age when its question was priorly published by the responding pharmacist in order to promote the Platform. In this case, the Company undertakes not to reveal the identity of the user who has asked the question;
- provide third parties with agglomerated user and Platform usage data (e.g. number of questions asked, number of monthly active users, etc.) to provide an indication of the interest generated by the Platform. In this case, the Company undertakes not to reveal the identity of the users who used the data agglomeration;
- send you electronic communications through the email address provided by creating a user account. At any time, you can ask us to stop sending by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
- use the technology of "cookies” to measure the audience of our Platform (number of page views, visitor activity, etc.). "Cookies" are then used in particular for purposes of statistical measurements and geolocated services.
The Company may retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and no later than six months after the deletion of your account or as permitted and/or required by law. After this period, the Company agrees to securely delete all your personal information stored.
Please note that all personal information collected by the Company is processed and stored in confidential and secure databases, located at Google in Canada, and mandated by the Company. This organization has obtained ISO 27001 certification and completes annual SSAE16 / ISAE 3402 Type II audits. However, all personal information is the sole property of the Company and the use of this information by the Company complies with applicable laws.
The case of the minor user
The Platform can not be used by a child aged under 14 years old. In the event that the Company is notified or aware that the Platform has been used by a child aged under the age of 14 and that personal information about this child has been retained without parental consent, the Company must and is authorized to delete, in its entirety, all information kept. By using the Platform to keep information about a child under 14 for whom you have parental authority, you consent to the retention of your child's personal information and agree that the Company uses such information in accordance with the law and this Policy. Notwithstanding the foregoing, when the Company is notified, knows or has reason to believe that you are using the Platform with respect to a child aged under 14 years of age for whom you do not have parental authority, the Company may delete the child's information in its entirety and revoke your right to use the Platform.
In the event that a response from a pharmacist or a text found on the Platform contains a hyperlink that takes you to another site, this Policy does not apply to it.
The Platform uses Google Analytics ™,Google Maps ™/Google Earth ™, HEAP and Sentry.io to analyze the audience, improve user experience, and enable pharmacists to answer questions more effectively. Follow the links below for information on Google Analytics, Google Maps / Google Earth, HEAP and Sentry.io
If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please write to us at email@example.com.